Mission of Earth Hour Global: Uniting People to Protect the Planet.
Earth Hour, a global environmental movement in partnership with WWF, is the world’s largest environmental campaign, taking place in more than 7000 cities and towns in 152 countries worldwide, with a reach of more than 1.8 billion people. The Earth Hour Global Team, based in Singapore, coordinates the operation of the campaign throughout the world, working with delivery teams and partners on the ground in more than 152 countries.
I. Duration of role:
Three month contract commencing February 1 until April 30
II. Major Functions of role:
The primary role is to assist in the management of the PR and media communications for Earth Hour Global leading up to and post Earth Hour 2013. The role will include interacting regularly with media agencies and the wider WWF and EHN communicators network. This will involve maintaining relationships with media outlets and journalists for the execution of Earth Hour global news releases. It will also entail a sufficient level of social media knowledge and broader communication integration for Earth Hour Global’s digital properties. The role will also focus on delivering the communication and PR strategy to support the 152+ Earth Hour teams worldwide.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute PR and communications strategy to engage traditional and online media for Earth Hour 2013
- Assist in the management of press engagement for the I WILL IF YOU WILL campaign and global event in Singapore, liasing with news agencies, journalists, media publications to ensure growing coverage of campaign and message in traditional and online media
- Delivery of press materials to WWF International and broader country team partner network, providing resources for the network to encourage use of traditional and online media for Earth Hour 2013 Ensure communication and message of Earth Hour Global is consistent and relevant across all media assets
- Support community engagement by effectively integrating campaign materials and projects into EH media materials Ensure effective networking, engagement, communication and collaboration with communication partners in key online and traditional communication markets
- Support the Digital Communications Manager, by leading the Earth Hour Global media team to provide editorial direction and response for content in social and online media Ensure that all relevant stakeholders and partners are kept abreast of EH’s evolution.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer of Earth Hour with meetings and forging contacts within the media landscape, and prepare regular presentations to an internal and external audience
- Performs other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer, EHG
A graduate degree in Public Relations or Communications would be preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced writing skills to prepare press materials and news releases to engage media
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to think strategically and creatively
- Demonstrated networking and relationship building skills in the media industry
- Ability to adapt and perform under highly strategic and tactical situations.
- Demonstrate a keenness to learn all the core aspects of a campaign like marketing, social media and digital, brand management and production of advertising and other marketing collateral, especially for TV, print and online;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing high-level relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work flexible hours outside normal office hours due to multiple locations and time zones.
- A broad understanding of current conservation issues
V. Working Relationships: External – News agencies, journalists, media publications and communication partners, social media partners, and media companies.
Internal – Part of a small but highly experienced and successful global team interacting with more than 152 country/territory teams of varying experience and resource. Liase with WWF-International’s Communications and Marketing team based in Switzerland.
Only Singaporeans and SPR will be considered.
To apply for this position, please send CV and application letter to email@example.com