Earth Hour Global is seeking a Media Officer to join the team in the lead up to Earth Hour on 23 March 2013.
Duation of role
Two month contract position between 1 February – 31 March 2013.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in writing and distributing a diverse range of media materials
- Assist with social media across a number of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more
- Create newsworthy stories from information collected
- Strong editorial skills and understanding of basic image editing
- Contribute to campaign ideas brainstorming and concept development
- Assist in event organisation and stakeholder outreach
- Proven experience working successfully with social media channels
- Proven experience working in PR and/or news media
- Excellent written and verbal communication Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Interest in climate change and/or sustainability issues
To apply, send CV and application letter to email@example.com
Extra Information about Earth Hour Global:
Earth Hour, a global environmental movement in partnership with WWF, is the world’s largest environmental campaign, taking place in more than 7000 cities and towns in 152 countries worldwide, with a reach of more than 1.8 billion people. The Earth Hour Global Team, based in Singapore, coordinates the operation of the campaign throughout the world, working with delivery teams and partners on the ground in more than 152 countries.
Download PDF of job description here