Global Partnerships and Business Development Manager/Senior Manager
Mission of Earth Hour Global
To unite people to protect the planet.
WWF’s Earth Hour is the world’s largest environmental campaign, taking place in more than 7000 cities and towns in 152 countries worldwide, with a reach of more than 1.8 billion people. The Earth Hour Global Team, based in Singapore, coordinates the operation of the campaign throughout the world, working with delivery teams and partners on the ground in more than 152 countries.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and driven professional with a keen interest in global movements to join our team to co-create Earth Hour in 2013. See www.earthhour.org and the “I Will If You Will” campaign.
The Global Partnerships and Business Development position drives and implements engagement strategies of Earth Hour, as well as, develops and manages projects with corporate and community organisations globally and in Singapore (core focus). The business development aspect relates to developing support for the work of Earth Hour Global from corporate and private sector donors.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Outreach to existing and new corporate and community organisations to initiate and inspire participation in Earth Hour activities.
Engage and deepen engagements within and beyond Earth Hour and into the future.
Develop and drive existing and new collaborative projects to completion and success.
Establish processes over project cycles to integrate with Earth Hour's online and offline marketing, PR and communications.
Initiate and cultivate business partnerships to generate funding for Earth Hour Global
Strengthens current relationships with the corporate sector, and maintains a high level of client satisfaction for sustainable long-term outcomes that are mutually beneficial
Develop proposals, manage corporate engagement products and create marketing materials
Work in partnership with WWF corporate engagement team to develop and deliver funding opportunities
A Bachelor’s degree. Background and expertise in business, marketing, promotions, strategy would be useful.
Min 3 years of relevant experience, and track record of success in developing new collaborative projects with external partners and internal teams.
You must be:
- A dynamic and driven person who thrives in a fast-paced global environment
- A “strategic thinker and a doer” able to conceptualise, build, and then implement and drive results from collaborative initiatives
- Able to evaluate the value and viability of new partnerships and project proposals
- Experienced in engaging and influencing corporates and organisations at all levels
- Experienced in the corporate/non-governmental sector and understand international and Singapore business environments
- Excellent in oral and written English communication
Ideally, you have:
- Much experience in Internet, online media, communications and social media platforms
- Able to tap into existing personal global and local organisational and corporate networks
- Fundraising skills and experience with corporations.
- Knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organisations.
Scope and how-to apply:
1. This is a full-time, contract position.
2. You must be Singaporean/PR, or already have legal permit to work in Singapore.
3. Remuneration depends on your background and relevant experience (to be discussed).
4. Duration: Immediate upon appointment till end March / April 2013 (to be discussed).
5. Send us your 1-page cover letter and a 2-page max CV with contact details of 3 work references (all in one PDF document) and, for students, include your university transcript.
6. We highly recommended you include your LinkedIn.com profile in your email body and in your CV also.
7. E-mail in PDF only, with subject line: "EH Develop + your name + mobile number" to: email@example.com
We invite you to apply soonest, and ideally before end Jan 2013, because applications and interviews will close as soon as a suitable candidate found. All resumes are kept strictly confidential, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Earth Hour Global team and movement.